Some Home Staging Facts:
– A typical home buyer decides if he is attracted to a home within 8 to 10 seconds.
– Only 10% of home buyers can actually visualize the potential of a home.
– U.S. Housing and Urban Development reports a staged home sells 17% higher than an non-staged home, on average.
– In a survey of over 1000 homes, staged homes spent an average of 11 days on the market compared to 90 days for non-staged homes.
– The first price reduction in your listing will almost certainly cost you more than the staging of your home.
So, what is important, and what is not in staging?
Detach yourself emotionally from your present home. View your home as a product which you want to sell as quickly as possible and for the highest price. Put your loving attention and your personal stamp on your new home.
Declutter and depersonalize. Visit model homes to see how inviting neutrality and spaciousness can be. Do all necessary repairs and complete DIY projects.
Paint. Clean, fresh walls in neutral colors sell. Dark or bright colors will detract and turn off buyers. Professionally clean or replace worn, dirty carpeting.
If you have pets, be sure that there are no pet odors greeting potential buyers. Keep food bowls, blankets, etc. out of site.
Stage rooms with one distinct purpose, preferably the one the builder intended.
Lighten up. Be sure there are enough lighting fixtures in each room and that there is enough wattage. A rule of thumb is 100 watts per 50 square feet. Open blinds and drapes to let natural light in.
Be sure closets are only half full and well-organized. This gives the feeling that there is ample storage space and that life in this house will be stress-free.
Don’t invest in major renovations.
So, that’s it. Price your home correctly so that you will have showings, and be sure that it shows like a model – clean, fresh, and neutral.
For more tips on selling your home and for market updates, sign up for our Newsletter at www.SmithFarmCommunities.com.
Exceeding your expectations:
We go far and above just listing your property. We spend the time and the money to get you the maximum number of qualified buyers and the highest price. You will always get personal feedback from us throughout the process of selling your home.
See you next time!
Sign up to get the Cynthia Makris Real Estate Newsletter
Office: RE/MAX Direct, 930 North Congress Suite 220, Boynton Beach, FL 33426